Thursday 22 February 2018

Conformity never a fault of mine


It was all so long ago those other lives of mine
I was a son to parents that I did not understand
A pupil for teachers to lead me by the nose
To policeman who stopped to interrogate my moves
They’re now all gone, the authoritarians to their graves
While I in my preciousness am still alive, always a rebel !


Independent thought is my means to find another way
Look at old problems turn them on their head
Every scene looks better when turned up side down
Life is a spiral they say, except that I jumped its lines
My indomitable spirit threw away their rule book
For conformity has never been a fault of mine.


I am and shall remain on the outer edges of the lines
Escaping by forms that go beyond expectations
Living the life of freedom, committed to eccentricity
Challenging political nonsense, lifting lids peering
Beyond the stale and stalled to seek an alternative
Prance ostentatious ? Yes that it may be but mine!


I seek not followers, for lead I shall not
Other than to encourage you to find freedom
To think and inwardly deliberate on how to abscond
Those chains of command, rules and obdurate laws.
For I drank before my birth from a cup that screamed
Loudly of Liberty!

   © MRL 22/02/2018

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Here's to freedom and long may we rebels remain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exceptional! Thanks so much for writing it and sharing it... and for BEING it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitchell thank you.
      Thank you for understanding what I wrote and for bravely leaving a comment here - for which I am very grateful.

      Delete